Many of us with environmentally based illnesses have acquired toxic brain injuries and can benefit from various brain retraining exercises, as well as nutrients targeted for the brain.
Here is our short list of therapies and foods to explore:
• Neural therapy | Neurofeedback | Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) | Gupta Amygdala Retraining™ Programme | Dynamic Neural Retraining System™ | BrainState | HeartMath
• Brain Exercises – Fit Brains | Lumosity | PositScience | Brain Resource Center | BrainGym
• Listen to birdsong – Several years ago, Ottawa researchers found that when they broadcast the Bach violin sonatas to a wheatfield, it resulted in yields 66% greater than average. These violin sonatas “were mimicry of birdsong. The singing of birds, developed over millennia in the ecosystem, helped plants to grow.” excerpted from Sacred Plant Medicine by Stephen Harrod Buhner. Makes us wonder how birdsong – and other sounds in nature – affect us humans.
• Listen to music you love – Mozart compositions are said to improve memory, stress, depression, and help ADD, dyslexia, autism, and other disorders.
• Reduce stress – use conscious diaphragmatic breathing to stimulate your parasympathetic nervous system.
Brain nutrients: Detoxx Diet, acetylcholine helps the brain to “tune in” and form sharp memories (found in egg yolks, peanuts, wheat germ, liver, meat, fish, milk, cheese, and vegetables – especially broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage); dopamine can be found in proteins; serotonin can be boosted by eating carbs; omega 3s are in salmon, sardines, and anchovies; ashwaghanda, an Ayurvedic herb, modulates the limbic system and adrenals.
Blood-brain barrier (b/b/b) nutrients: Thiamine HCL & bentfotiamine, phospatidylcholine, SAMe, TMG, NAC, P-5-P (B6), magnesium, 5-HTP.
recommend a healing tool for this page
Note: please check with a qualified health practitioner before incorporating any new tool into your recovery program.
photo: © Chris Price / istockphoto