Environmental Health

Dear Dr. Rea,
I have to wait 1-1/2 yrs to see an environmental illness specialist in my area. I have what I believe is MCS for the past 1-1/2 years. I am concerned as work is becoming more and more difficult for me and my symptoms seem to worsen every few months. I work in my own office and run an Austin air purifier 24/7 but work for a newspaper and have to go outside of my office at least a few times per day and wear a respirator. I have not been anywhere other than the natural grocery store in about 3 months. I am concerned that my health is deteriorating quickly. How can my general practitioner (G.P.) properly diagnose me, or assist me should I not be able to work? Is there a more common type of specialist that can help? Two local doctors I see seem to know nothing about MCS or environmental illness. One took blood and said I am healthy other than IgE levels over 5,000. I react to most everything and my symptoms are mostly neurological, allergy like – rashes etc. and aches and pains, also yeast infections on my armpits. Any advice is appreciated!

Dr. Rea’s response:
You have what we call the hyper IgE syndrome. This is very difficult to treat. Perhaps you need to come to our clinic in Dallas.

William J. Rea, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.A.A.E.M.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...