another yummy gluten-free recipe from Elana's pantry
photo provided courtesy of elanaspantry.com
We are loving these Lemon Kale Chips. I can’t make enough of them –the boys scarf them down hot out of the oven. Yesterday, they ate 3 batches, yes you heard that right, 3 batches of kale chips, after school. Of course, like everything else I make, these are gluten free.
You can use curly kale (as in the photo above), or dino (lacinto) kale or any other type. My boys say it is best with the curly kale.
1 bunch kale (prepared and washed)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Chop kale into ½ inch pieces
- Place kale in a large bowl
- With hands massage oil, lemon juice and salt into kale
- Place kale on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes until kale is dark green and crispy (Shauna from Gluten-Free Girl has a great Baked Kale Chips recipe on her site. She says the 12 minute mark is the perfect done time)
- Cool and serve
recipe courtesy elanaspantry.com