another yummy gluten-free recipe from Elana's pantry
Here’s a healthy paleo tart crust made from pecans, egg and coconut flour –gluten free, of course!
photo provided courtesy of elanaspantry.com
This quick and easy gluten free tart crust holds together very well and has a wonderfully nutty flavor.
The first few times I made this high protein, paleo tart crust, I had it with apple filling. I think it would be even better with the pumpkin pie filling recipe in The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook. Feel free to experiment and fill this tart crust with your favorite fall harvest fruits. A pear filling might work nicely with the pecan flavor in the crust, though I haven’t yet experimented with this.
Stay tuned, next week I will post the apple filling recipe for this crust so that you can make your very own apple tart.
1½ cups pecans
1 tablespoon coconut flour
⅛ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Place pecans in food processor and pulse until the texture of coarse gravel
- Pulse in egg, vanilla and salt until mixture forms a ball
- Grease a 9-inch tart pan
- Using your hands, press crust onto bottom and up sides of tart pan
- Top off crust with your favorite filling
- Bake until filling is done (length of time dependent upon filling recipe)
makes (1) 9″ tart crust
recipe courtesy elanaspantry.com