buy viagra online

posted in <<Managing MCS > THRIVE! EXPERTS

Managing MCS
Can toxic mold cause MCS?
with William J. Rea, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.A.A.E.M.


environmental health

Dear Dr. Rea,
I have read that only a few types of molds are known to cause MCS. I was reading that Aspergillus fumigatus produces mycotoxins such as gliotoxin which is known to cause immunosuppressive activities such as inhibition of superoxide release, cytokine release by leukocytes and T-lymphocyte-mediated cytotoxicity. I have also read Dr. Pall’s studies and based on that I would think Aspergillus fumigatus could potentially cause or contribute to MCS? Do you know of any studies to prove or disprove this?


Dr. Rea’s response:
Yes! Aspergillus fumigatus can cause MCS, as can Stachybotrys chartarum, which releases trichothocenes. We have seen this at EHC-D. I am not aware of any studies on this, but they may exist.

William J. Rea, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.A.A.E.M.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
share and enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Google Buzz
  • LinkedIn
  • NewsVine
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Tumblr
  • RSS
  • email
  • PDF
  • Print
  • Add to favorites
WILLIAM J. REA, M.D. LIBRARY

Comments

  • Kim G

    May 5, 2015 at 7:15 am

    Dr. Shoemaker (www.survivingmold.com) found that all of the MCS patients he’s had were genetically susceptible to mold. I’ve been told that the majority of those are also multisuceptible to biotoxins – meaning also genetically susceptible to certain other biotoxins, like toxic algaes.

    I’ve been chemically sensitive since I was a toddler, my Mom and sister are as well. Shoemaker’s findings held true for me – a year ago I discovered that the home I lived in for most of my life has a toxic mold problem from the crawlspace, one that has been there a very long time. So, I now know I was exposed early on and I also am multisuceptible. I also have another MCS friend who got herself tested for mold susceptibility, and also turned out to be multisuceptible. She developed chemical sensitivities in adulthood, and looking back realized it was after living in a very moldy rental.

    Lastly, Shoemaker himself is multisusceptible to biotoxins (incl. mold), and he also developed chemical sensitivity after too much exposure to biotoxins, but he was able to reverse it with his treatment protocol. Many of his patients also reported developing chemical sensitivities after they were mold-exposed. Read the books Mold Warriors and Surviving Mold (both by Dr. Shoemaker) for some of these stories. From what I’ve read, the treatment protocol does not usually turn around people with long-term MCS, though.

    I’ve been on the Shoemaker protocol for 1 year now, and I am slightly better as far as MCS goes. However, my overall health is dramatically improved. It’s been worth every difficult step, even leaving my home and belongings behind.

    Good luck in your search.

Leave a reply

* means field is required.

*

*