to connect, inform, and support people globally
who are struggling to reverse the damaging
health effects of an increasingly toxic world
Let’s face it, each day we pour dangerous toxins into our environment, saturating our air, waters, earth—and food supply—with hazardous chemicals, heavy metals, and antibiotics proven to adversely affect human, animal, and plant life. Numerous studies have shown hundreds of chemicals in humans—including children—even residues of DDT and other persisent pesticides banned in the 70’s. We act surprised at the high incidence of cancers and other diseases and yet, how can we expect to live in a toxic environment and not be affected by toxins? This website is for those whose health has already started to reflect the health of the environment they live in, who are starting to make the connections, and want to do something about it.
In particular, we focus on environmentally based illnesses, a class of conditions that are poorly understood and that conventional medicine has been slow to study and treat. These include Lyme Disease, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Fibromyalgia, Chemical Sensitivity, Electrical Sensitivity, and Mold Illness.
- to provide an extensive library of first-hand experience with both alternative and conventional healing methods
- to reveal a clearer path to individual wellness through the collective trials and tribulations of thousands–potentially millions–of others
- to offer emotional support and opportunities for connection to those on a healing path
- to educate and inspire others to lead healthier, richer, more fulfilling lives, in harmony with the universe
- The Collaborative on Health and the Environment a diverse network of over 2600 individual and organizational Partners in 40 countries and 48 states, working collectively to advance knowledge and effective action to address growing concerns about the links between human health and environmental factors.
- We are a supporter of the BE SAFE platform coordinated by the Center for Health, Environment, & Justice and their Precautionary Principles.
- The MICAGO Coalition (MCS International Coalition of Allied Groups and Organizations) a virtual gathering space of groups and organizations who want to be counted in a stand-up public display of unity and support for the MICAGO Declaration’s clear demand for the honouring of basic human rights regarding the reckless proliferation of toxic, synthetic chemicals in the world today, and their inevitable destructive impact on human, animal and environmental health.
Our ability to fulfill our intentions and live up to our vision is a collaborative effort: we need your input, your participation, your support in order to make a difference in your world. This site is funded by business ads, affiliate partnerships, and Google ads (when visitors click on the ads, we receive a small commission).
These are some of the ways you can help:
- Be an active participant on our site–join our social network, post in our forums, interact in our special-interest groups.
- Refer our site to your friends, family, and colleagues.
- Purchase specialty items from shop Planet Thrive to support you in your quest for good health.
- Place a link to our site on your website.
Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
updated June 22, 2009
posted by earthwalker on June 22, 2009 | 55,637 views |