The Hydrogen Peroxide and Epsom Salt Detox Bath is one of my absolute favorite bath therapies. It is the first thing we do for our own family whenever we feel we are developing a cold or illness. Not only does it detoxify the body and relieve pain, but it seems to also stop many infections quickly and help the body regain balance. Through medical studies, this therapy has been shown to relieve pain that did not even respond to narcotic medicines.
You will need:
• 4-6 cups Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate)
• 32-64 fluid ounces of Hydrogen Peroxide (3%, as found in many grocery stores)
• 2-4 tablespoons of Ginger (freshly grated preferably, wrapped in a thin piece of cloth or in a tea ball. An old piece of nylon hose also works well).
1. This and all bath therapies work best by first dry skin brushing the entire body, as this removes the layer of dead skin that may otherwise block the absorption of energy and nutrients from this bath and stimulates the blood and lymph fluids to rise to the skin to accept the healing effects of the bath.
2. Fill tub with warm water. Add the above ingredients.
3. Soak for 20 minutes…German research showed no additional benefit beyond 20 minutes. The beneficial effects of this bath are cumulative and increase in effectiveness the more you use them.
4. Recommended taken for a least seven consecutive days, or as recommended by your doctor. Continued use daily, or as needed is fine.
5. Do not use if you are pregnant.
See Beating Lyme Disease: Living the Good Life in Spite of Lyme, pages 196-199, for details on the ‘Actions of Bath Ingredients’.