I know that Weston Price had strong opinions about root canals. Can you tell me what his recommendations were for dental care?
In addition to his work on nutrition, Dr. Price conducted extensive research into the destructive effects of root canals, detailed in his two-volume work Dental Infections, Oral & Systemic and Dental Infections & the Degenerative Diseases. His conclusions, ignored by the orthodox dental establishment for over 50 years, are gaining renewed acceptance as holistic practitioners are discovering that the first step to recovery from degenerative disease often involves removal of all root canals in the patient’s mouth. The principles of holistic dentistry, based on the research of Weston Price, are as follows:
• Eat nutrient-dense whole foods, properly grown and prepared.
• Avoid root canals. If you have root canals and suspect that they are causing trouble, have them removed by a knowledgeable dentist.
• Avoid mercury (amalgam) fillings. If you have amalgam fillings, have them removed by a holistic dentist who specializes in mercury filling replacement.
• Orthodontics should include measures to widen the palate.
• When it is necessary to extract teeth, do so in such a way as to avoid leaving the jaw bone with cavitations, which can be focal points of infection.
photo: Samoan Boys ©Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation